Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Dublin
Job Title: Litigation Consultant
Job Salary: €50,000 - €54,000 Per Annum
Our Client, a leading provider of HR and Employment Law, are looking for a legally qualified Employment Litigation Consultant to join their team based in their Dublin office. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the HR and Employment Law advice teams and will be responsible for delivering high standards of care to clients.
The focus of the role is to support clients when they receive employment tribunal claims, the successful candidate will take ownership of each case and be responsible for drafting responses, visiting clients, preparing cases for hearing and representing clients at both face to face and remote hearings.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Review all claims brought against clients in the employment tribunal bodies, specifically the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court
* Support clients with mediation / conciliation matters
* Make early and prompt contact with clients to notify the client of conduct of the case and to advise and take instructions from clients
* Visit clients as required to include offsite at their premises/offices throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland
* Advise clients on the merits of any claim(s) and the prospects of successfully defending claims
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and draft appropriate responses on behalf of clients for their approval
* Prepare hearing bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format in preparation for hearing
* Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation and drafting of witness statements, where required
* Correspond with tribunals, claimants’ representatives, and clients
* To regularly review cases and provide updates a required for the purposes of cover status as required
* Prepare any reports necessary in respect of any claims as may be required
* Prepare and complete all administrative tasks associated with your cases
* Provide support to other departments within the business, as required
* Engage in and deliver training where required both internally and externally
* Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with clients as appropriate
* To proactively assist in the retention of existing clients and to promote new business by obtaining referrals for new clients
* Responsible for ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skills is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work and to the standards as outlined in this job description
* Attend any company of the Group offices throughout United Kingdom and Ireland as required by management
* Any other reasonable duties as may be required by management as part of your role.
* Third level qualification in Law/ Employment Law/ Human Resources (HR)/ Industrial Relations
* Experience of reviewing and processing tribunal claims
* A positive approach to a busy workload and team work.
* Must be able to take a Client-Centric approach to their work.
* Ability to work autonomously and self-manage.
* Passion for employment law.
* Full Driving License.